Friday, October 26, 2012

Resident Evil 6: Final Thoughts

You know what?  I'm done.

I am not going to waste any more of my time bitching like a whiny fanboy.  I'm not going to record an overlong review talking about how shit it is.  You all know how shit it is.  It's been covered, many times.  And if you don't think it's shit, chances are you are precisely what is wrong with the gaming industry today.

The more I play it, the more bile I have for it.  Just about every single aspect of this game is broken in some way, most likely because they weren't utilized to make the game better, but to "broaden its appeal".  Blech.  Resident Evil 5 was bad by Resident Evil standards.  Resident Evil 6 is bad by game standards.

I am officially divorcing myself from my favorite video game series of all time.  I'm calling time of death.  The Resident Evil series is over, and given the sales already racked up by RE6 and statements by Capcom, there is no reason to hope that it will ever get any better.


Goodnight, sweet prince.


42% = ** = "Bad"


-VMA

UPDATE 11/19:  For some extra clarity, context, and so you don't have to backtrack, I'm posting the links to all of the separate RE daily complaints of October, which barely scratch the surface of all the issues I had with the game.  Can you tell why I decided to say fuck it?

1 comment: