Monday, September 17, 2012

Trimmings

Light on posts this week.  Probably won't change next week either.  I simply do not have the time or the energy to analyze news stories or formulate completely overblown theses on life (that Silent Hill post almost gouged my eyes out).

So, rather than go silent, I'm just going to keep the posts shorter and sweeter, while using the opportunity to tell you exactly why I don't have much free time in my day in the first place.

It's no secret that I have a lot of projects currently in the works.  Many of those gears, at this moment, are turning at the same time (something I make no complaints about), so I'm manning the machine until an off shift comes along.

One of these projects is the rewriting process of my spec TV pilot for this:


After six weeks of planning, deliberation, planning, self-doubt, hair-pulling, planning, regret, giving up, planning and feedback, I'm ready to write the latest draft, of which, if everything goes swimmingly, will trim a good 30 page chunk off of this thing, cutting the grand total length of the pilot to the 100 page mark.

Ideal?  No.  The ultimate goal is 60 pages, which at this juncture seems laughably impossible.  But hey, thems be the rewriting process, and as far as cuts, -30 is a pretty damn good start.

I'm excited to be one step closer to the end.  This thing may be my baby, but you have no idea how badly I want it in my rear view.


-VMA

No comments:

Post a Comment