Saturday, September 22, 2012

Played Resident Evil 6 Demo...

...And we are not entertained.

Loose controls.  Too linear.  Not scary or intense.  Why still sidekicks?!  Frenetic and engaging combat has been replaced with disorienting catastrofucks.  OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!!!  Story looks like... well... a Resident Evil story.



It would seem at this juncture that I was correct in this game's flaws stemming from it trying to have its cake and eat it too.  The game is trying so desperately to please everyone that all you get is a homogenous blob of unfocused sludge, with total abandonment of subtlety and pacing in favor of "GO GO GO" shit flinging.

I hope I'm wrong about this.


-VMA

1 comment:

  1. So do I. I haven't played the demos yet myself but I really am hoping this turns out good. And I gotta admit I had a nerdgasm in the trailer when it shows Leon and Chris battling it out over Ada.

    But I wasn't too impressed with RE5 so I'm not holding my breath for this to be anything more than an attempt to emulate the awesome that was RE4.

    ReplyDelete