Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's The Little Things

I know this happened a while ago, but I just thought I'd briefly comment on this since the posting has been pretty dry this week.

When I talk about the systematic and progressive stupefying of our nation, I often reference the little things that most people just don't notice or care to give a second thought.  In case you were wondering, this is what I'm talking about:



What the fuck is this shit?  Why did you do that?  It was a perfectly good shortening of an actual human term, and you had to bastardize it like that.  What the fuck does it even stand for now?

I can almost see the board meeting now:

"So guys, last quarter's reports indicate our ratings are seeing a modest bust steady decline.  What can we do to maximize penetration amongst the 18-39 demo?"

Silence

"Well, we could try and incorporate new and exciting programming.  Galactica just ended and we could use something interesting and groundbreaking like Babylon 5 was to set the tone for future programming."

"What are you fuckin nuts?  You know how much of a risk that was?  I'm still surprised it made it to five seasons.  Nah, reruns of Dinoshark will suffice."

"Well, we could change up the logo."

"Hmm, how so?"

"We could just change it to SyFy.  It's a cool little slang for the teen and twenties crowd, and I think it just looks cleaner than, ya know, spelling it correctly.  We could even incorporate a little slogan under it like 'Imagine Greater'  or something, ha, get it, cause were like imagining different words and abbreviations, cause we're so rebellious."

"...Genius"


Ugh.


-VMA

No comments:

Post a Comment